SWOOP has a multi-tenant app to synchronise data from your Microsoft Active Directory. This avoids the requirement to create an Azure App Registration, all that is required is your Active Directory domain name.
This procedure is valid for the following miners:
- SWOOP for Yammer
- SWOOP for Workplace
- SWOOP for Microsoft Teams
- SWOOP for M365
The data mined is user attributes for all platforms and Yammer group memberships for SWOOP for Yammer.
Installation (Customer Administrator)
- Go to the configuration and sign-on URL for your miner (e.g. https://miner-[yoursite].swoopanalytics.com):
- Log in and authorise the miner if required
- In the Azure Active Directory Integration section, click on Graph API Standard.
- Enter your Active Directory Name in the Domain field and click on Save Changes/Login
- Ensure that the miner is logged in before continuing.
- If required, click on grant consent as a Azure Administator to access the Azure Active Directory consent dialog. Please ignore the error message if any.
Now select the fields from that you would like to share with SWOOP.
How it works
The SWOOP data miner retrieves data from Azure AD and combines it with the sanitised data from Yammer. The email field is hashed and is therefore not passed to the SWOOP Analytics Engine.