By default, anyone who can access M365 has access to SWOOP for M365. However, it is possible to change this and limit access to a set of named people.
As a Full Admin you will see an 'Admin' link on the bottom left of your screen, under the dashboard selection. This is where you can change the permissions covered in this article.
Go to the Access Control option in the Admin dashboard. Here, you can do the following:
- Add permissions
- Remove permissions
- Update permissions
Allow everyone access
By default, the 'Everyone' option is selected and every user can access SWOOP. Additional permissions is provided in the table below to SWOOP Lite Admins or Full SWOOP Admins. In the example below Person A, B, and C are Full SWOOP Admins, and Person D has also been given two of the Lite Admin permissions. All other users with no permissions selected are 'normal users'.
For more information about these roles see further below.
Note: If you have more than 1000 users, the table below will not be shown. In this case, you can modify user permissions by uploading a spreadsheet with user email addresses and their permissions, a template is provided.
This is done by selecting: "Upload a list of email addresses..."
Allow access for named people only
It is possible to restrict access to SWOOP to a set of named users. That means that unless the person is listed in the table below it is not possible to access SWOOP.
In the example below Person A is a Full SWOOP Admin, Person B is a Lite Admin and Person C is a normal user (has not been given any special permissions). Person D does not appear on the list and will not be able to access SWOOP.
Note: People who are verified admins on Yammer will always be Full SWOOP Admins.
Permissions and roles
SWOOP operates with 3 different roles:
- Normal User
- Light Admin
- Full Admin
In this article we'll outline what each of these roles can do.
A Normal User can:
- Access the SWOOP dashboard available at https://[organization].swoopanalytics.com.
- Access their own Personal dashboard and see personal insights.
- Access the Segment dashboard. Search and access insights for any segment. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare segments.
- Access the Enterprise dashboard. Access insights for any segment. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
A Light Admin is someone who has been given access to some additional features in SWOOP by a Full SWOOP admin. These additional features include one, or more, of the following:
- Create a comparison of individuals on the Personal dashboard, and access the 'Individual Benchmarking' list on the Segment dashboards
- Note: the above feature will be introduced in a future release of SWOOP for M365
In addition to what a Light Admin can do, a Full Admin can also:
- All dashboards and reports: Set dashboard/report display (show/hide/remove) via the 'Admin' options.
A Full Admin also has the ability to change a variety of other options which are available via the 'Admin' link. Only Full Admins will see the 'Admin' link, and when opened it provides the following features:
- Usage Statistics: See how many people have accessed SWOOP.
- Application Settings: Set default attribute used by these reports: Segment Activity, Cross-Enterprise Collaboration, Network Map (default is 'department'). Also ability to determine which attributes are available for normal users (including Lite Admins) versus Full Admins.
- Access Control: Enable selected features for Lite Admins and/or add a Full Admin.
- Theme Settings: Change logo and footer.
- Report/Dashboard Settings: Enable, hide or remove each dashboard and/or report.
- Miner*: Enable data mining, access data mining log detail, and upload user attribute data.
- Data export:
- Export raw data used by SWOOP which is derived from the Microsoft Usage Reports
Adding or Changing Permissions
Only a 'Full Admin' can add users and/or change permissions. You can also add a larger number of users by uploading a list of email addresses (the template includes detailed instructions), and set the session timeout.