This guide will help you set up SWOOP for M365 using SWOOP's cloud-hosted data miner.
To complete the steps below you need to be an Office365 Admin. Go to the SWOOP setup URL, and click on the M365 icon and complete the form as follows. If you haven't got the setup URL please contact your SWOOP representative.
1. Where do you want your data stored?
Pick a region where you would like to store the data we collect, as well as the SWOOP for M365 application itself.
NOTE: We use Microsoft Azure to store your data.
2. Click the "Login" button to identify yourself
This reveals your email and tenant from your current Azure login (or prompts you to login if not already):
3. Complete the set up form
Complete the form:
- Site name: This will be the URL you'll use to access SWOOP (e.g. Contoso Ltd. might want to use https://contoso.swoopanalytics.com/ for access).
- Business name, Country, Phone number and Contact Email: Details so we can contact you if needed. The email will automatically copy your login identifier but can be edited to a different email if that is more convenient.
- Language for searching: Only use this if English is not the default language
Finally, confirm that your tenant ID is correct. This is your tenant UUID from Azure which was extracted when you clicked 'Login'. We recommend that you check that it matches the Tenant ID from your Azure portal.
Click 'Next' to complete the form, and SWOOP will now prepare two applications:
- Data mining application: This is the application that will extract data from M365 once you have authorised it (see next step for details)
- Analytics application: This is the application your end-users will use to access the analytics.
4. Buttons for Consent
To continue you need to provide two types of consent:
- For the Data Miner to collect the Microsoft 365 Usage Reports which is the raw data SWOOP for M365 us built on.
- For y
- our colleagues to access the SWOOP for M365 application.
(Note: Links to both of these are emailed to the Office365 admin who is completing the setup, and please store these for future reference)
- Grant consent for the SWOOP data miner.
Click "Start Consent Process for Data Miner". This part is handled by Microsoft. It shows a list of permissions that the Miner will want access to. No data mining will begin until after the consent process is complete. This miner URL will be unique to your SWOOP instance and at any future time it can be used to change mining settings.
The permissions the SWOOP data miner is granted are:
After miner consent is complete, close the browser tab and go back to the screen shown above.
- Grant consent for the SWOOP application.
Click "Start Consent Process for Application". This part is similarly handled by Microsoft and shows a shorter list of permissions but otherwise much the same process.
Take note of the checkbox allowing the admin to consent on behalf of the organisation. IMPORTANT: Unless you grant consent on behalf of the organisation, users will not be able to access SWOOP.
You've now completed the setup of SWOOP for M365.
Please sign in to leave a comment.