There are a number of situations where it is valuable to be able to export an entire thread with its content and contributors. Basically all the things you can see on the screen in Viva Engage.
This is valuable, for instance, when you have run a competition on Viva Engage and want to find the reply that got the most likes, or - for instance - when the CEO has made an announcement and you need to sort through and group all the replies. Without SWOOP's Thread Export feature getting the data out is a very manual and time-consuming exercise.
Who can access, and where is it
If you are a SWOOP Admin you have the ability to perform an export of an entire conversation thread on Viva Engage. You'll find it in the Admin / Data Export section of SWOOP:
All you need to do is to paste the URL to the thread, and click 'Export'. The following actions will result in an error:
- You don't have access to the message you are trying to export.
- You are trying to export a message in an external group.
What's in the export file
The export file will include:
- Link to the thread
- Name of author
- Date of the post
- Viva Engage message ID of the post
- Full text content of the message. If there are attachments the export file will also include the links to the attachments.
- Number of replies and reactions for the post
- Name of each person who responded to the post
- Date of the reply
- Full text content of the reply. If there are attachments the export file will also include the links to the attachments.
- Viva Engage message ID of the reply
- Viva Engage message ID of the post that is being replied to
- Number of replies and reactions for the reply
Difference between Thread Export and the Thread Dashboard
The Thread Export feature is unique as it connects directly through to Viva Engage and pulls information about the thread in real-time. The Thread Dashboard in SWOOP is relying on the data collected from Viva Engage using SWOOP's data miner and is augmenting this with e.g. people attribute data and sentiment analysis.
- The Thread Export feature is for you when you need the whole raw data for a thread FAST.
- The Thread Dashboard is for you when you need more COMPREHENSIVE insights about a thread.
If you compare the two sets of data for a thread the numbers may not add up 100%. This is most likely because the Thread Export will have more recent data in it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.