The instructions below must be performed by your Workplace System Administrator.
The use of Custom Integration tokens by third parties such as SWOOP has been disabled as of the 16th of December 2019. If you are using a Custom Integration token for SWOOP you will have needed to migrate before 16 December. Otherwise you will not be able to log in to SWOOP. Contact our support team if this is an issue for you.
For detailed information by Workplace about this see here: https://www.workplace.com/workplace/resources/news-updates/safer-integrations
How do I know if this impacts me?
Go here: https://swoopanalytics.workplace.com/work/admin/apps/ (or alternatively go to your Workplace instance and click Admin Panel / Integrations)
- If you see SWOOP Analytics like under 'Added to Workplace' you don't need to do anything.
- If SWOOP is not listed there, then keep reading.
How do I migrate SWOOP from the Custom Integration to the Application Directory ?
All you need to do is to add SWOOP to Workplace via the Application Directory. While installing SWOOP, the installer will determine that you are migrating using an already custom integration.
Before you start here are a couple of things to note:
- When you originally set up SWOOP you chose a location for your data. Please make sure you choose the same region when you install SWOOP via the Application Directory. If you cannot recall which region you selected send an email to email@example.com.
- If you get a message saying that the site already exists, then the installer has failed to match up your site. In this case, just add '-app' to your SWOOP site name, eg. "bigcorp-app". Then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying "Existing site installed via Application Directory. Please migrate." and we will migrate it for you.
Ok - now we're ready to go. Please go to the Workplace Application Directory, find SWOOP Analytics in the 'Analytics' category, and click 'Add to Workplace'.
Alternatively, you can go to https://try-workplace.swoopanalytics.com/ and follow the instructions.
Detailed instructions are provided for you assistance below.
1. If you enter via https://try-workplace.swoopanalytics.com/, choose 'click here':
2. In the Workplace Application Directory click 'Add to Workplace'
3. Fill in the Workplace installation dialogue and click 'Add to Workplace':
4. Select the same region as your existing installation of SWOOP (if you are not sure what this is, send an email to email@example.com and we can tell you).
5. You should now be shown the SWOOP setup page reflecting your existing site. If 'Claim your site name' is empty, append '-app' to it (e.g. "bigcorp-app"), and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org saying "Existing site installed via Application Directory. Please migrate", and we will migrate it for you.
6. The following will be displayed. Since you are migrating an existing site you can ignore the part about the site being ready.
That's it. You're done.