Administrators can add user attribute data (e.g. department, city etc) automatically by connecting the SWOOP miner to Azure Active Directory. These steps need to be carried by the O365 Administrator:
Note: This is a new instruction - please email email@example.com if you find any errors or have any suggestions.
- Click on the 'Azure Active Directory' link on the main menu
- Click on 'App registrations'
- Click on '+ New application registration' (at the top).
- Fill in the form entering your miner URL for the 'Sign-on URL' (e.g. https://miner-[yoursite].swoopanalytics.com):
and click on 'Register' (at the bottom of the page).
- On the new page you will see the 'Application (client) ID'. You will need this below.
- Click on 'API Permissions' under the 'Manage' heading on the next screen.
- Click '+ Add a permission'
- Click 'Microsoft Graph' (the large box at the top)
- Click 'Application Permissions'
- Find 'User' at the bottom then add permission 'User.Read.All' and click 'Add permissions'
- Click on 'Grant admin consent for (directory name)'
- Click on 'Certificates and Secrets' and add a new client secret (you will need this below)
SWOOP Miner Setup
In the SWOOP data miner, now do the following:
- Tick 'Enabled' next to 'Azure Active Directory Integration'
- Copy the 'Application ID' and key value from Azure to the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' on the miner.
- Press 'Save Changes/Login'
Your miner page should look something like this if the operation is successful:
Now select the fields from that you would like to share with SWOOP.
How it works
The SWOOP data miner retrieves data from Azure AD and combines it with the sanitised data from Yammer. The email field is hashed, and is therefore not passed to the SWOOP Analytics Engine.