People attribute data (department, location, etc.) can be used to cut and slice the insights from SWOOP in different ways. By default, SWOOP will fetch the 'department' field from a person's Workplace user profile. It is possible to extend this to also include the 'division', 'location' and 'job title' attributes by enabling these in the SWOOP data miner (admin access only).
If you're wanting to add additional attributes, these can be provided to SWOOP by an administrator in different ways:
- Manual upload of file that contains the Workplace User ID and the relevant segment for that user
- Automated upload via Azure Active Directory
- Automated upload on a periodic basis via other means (custom setup)
Note: Uploading of people attribute data to SWOOP does not change anything in Workplace.
If none of these methods are used, SWOOP will use Workplace's Department field by default.
To manually upload additional user profile data, including Segment data, the SWOOP Admin performs the following steps:
- Download the list of users in Workplace.
- Delete all columns apart from user ID and email address from the file and save it in CSV format.
- Source a complete list of users that has the correct segment data. Consider including other profile fields that you may find relevant such as City, Region, Country, etc. Use the person's email address as the key that links the Workplace user list with the list that has the complete profile data
- Use Excel's VLOOKUP function (ask a colleague or the internet about how to do this if you don't know) to add the required additional fields to the columns in the users.csv file.
- If you include the userID in the user.csv file then you now can delete the email field if you don't want to share the email addresses with SWOOP.
- Go to the SWOOP miner: You access the miner by clicking on 'Admin' in the bottom left fly-out menu of SWOOP, then click on the dashboard called 'Miner', then click on the URL for the data miner.
- In the SWOOP miner, click 'Choose File' and select the user.csv file, and click 'Process File' as per the screenshot below:
SWOOP Data Miner Screenshot:
It can take up to 24 hours for the new user profile data to be available in SWOOP, but often only takes a few hours.
Automated upload via Azure Active Directory
Contact SWOOP by raising a support ticket to activate a connection to your Azure Active Directory. Read more about connecting to Azure Active Directory.
Automated upload on a periodic basis via other means
SWOOP supports the use of the 'curl' command. The curl command is available as a package on all Linux distributions. Contact SWOOP by raising a support ticket to set this up.
Please sign in to leave a comment.