SWOOP provides unique social network insights by analysing meta-data derived from interactions, connections, and usage patterns in Workplace.
To ensure that clients have full control over the data shared with SWOOP, we have separated data import and analytics:
- Data Miner - imports data. Actual content is excluded (unless Sentiment Analysis has been explicitly enabled).
- Analytics and Visualisation Engine – analyses sanitised data provided by the Miner Application, and presents this data to authenticated users.
The Data Miner
The Miner makes collects batches of data on an hourly basis. While the application makes API calls and receives data, it doesn't store any content of messages or attachments.
Analytics and Visualisation Engine
The SWOOP Analytics and Visualisation Engine accesses the sanitised data uploaded from the Miner Application. Based on this data it produces a series of relevant analytics. These analytics are segmented by:
- Enterprise – analytics that include all interactions across the organisation.
- Segment - analytics that include data for the users that belong to the same department as defined by the user profile information
- Thread - analytics about a post published by a particular person
- Group - analytics that include data published to a specific group
- Topic - analytics based on the threads that are tagged with a topic
- Personal - analytics that include all data that includes a particular authenticated user
The data is presented to the end-user based on that user’s right to access the information. For instance, a user will not be able to see analytics for private groups that the person is not a member of.
Please sign in to leave a comment.