Recommendation: Create a dedicated system account for data mining
We recommend that you create a dedicated Viva Engage account for SWOOP that is not associated with a person. Call it for example "SWOOP Data Miner". It is very important that this account is assigned the rights of a 'Verified Admin" (does not need to be an Office365 Admin).
Having a dedicated account ensures that the data mining process isn't interrupted by a person inadvertently being locked out of Viva Engage or losing their "Verified Admin" status.
If a dedicated account is not used the user will also be presented with a very visible "Private Content Mode Enabled" message in Viva Engage when the miner is running.
How to restart and log in
From time to time the SWOOP data miner may get disconnected from your Viva Engage network. This can for example be because the account used for data mining has been logged out of Viva Engage, or because the Viva Engage password has been updated.
If the data miner isn't collecting data then you will get a message from SWOOP, and we'll ask you to log in to the data miner to restart it.
The link to the data miner can be found by logging on to your normal SWOOP dashboard. Read the steps below to see how you access the data miner.
Note: If you are using a Service Account for the data mining, make sure that you've logged on to Viva Engage with this account first, and then access SWOOP using that Service Account.
- Do one of the following to go to the SWOOP data miner:
- Go to your miner directly using 'https://miner-<sitename>.swoopanalytics.com'. If you have an on-premise miner this address may be different.
- If you are logged into the analytics engine Click 'Admin' in the lower left corner of your SWOOP home screen, then click on the 'Miner' dashboard, and finally open the data miner URL.
- Click 'Log in to Viva Engage'.
- Once you have logged in to the data miner click on 'Set Account to':
After you have clicked the button you'll see that the status has changed to "Data mining enabled":