Go to the SWOOP setup URL, and click on the Workplace icon and complete the form:
1. Where do you want your data stored
We use Amazon Web Services, so just pick a region where you would like the data we collect to be stored.
2. Claim your site name
This will be the URL you'll use to access SWOOP.
3. Business name, Phone number and Email
Details so we can contact you if we need.
3. Integration Access Token
You need to create a 'Custom Integration' in Workplace to get one of these. Follow these steps:
- Go to Company Dashboard / Integrations / Custom Integrations
- Click 'Create custom integration'
- Complete the form and click 'Create':
- Select the following permissions:
Important: To help us support you please take a screen shot after filing in this form and email it to email@example.com
Note: If some permissions are not visible you may be using an old version of the API and it is not required.
Note: 'Manage Accounts' is required because we don't have access to the user administrator flag which which is only available via this permission. No account management is done by SWOOP.
- Click 'Create Access Token' in the form, and copy the token. Do this before you hit 'Save'. Otherwise you just need to edit the custom integration again to create an access token.
- Paste the token into the SWOOP setup form.
- Click 'Done' in Workplace to return to the custom integration settings, and then 'Save' the custom integration.
Testing your Token (if you have problems)
You can test your application token from here:
To test copy and paste it into the 'Access Token' field and click 'Submit'. You should get the name of your application.
If you get a red triangle this means the token is invalid.