Go to the SWOOP setup URL, and click on the Workplace icon and complete the form:
1. Claim your site name
This will be the URL you'll use to access SWOOP
2. Language for searching
We'll make sure we get the search right for special characters. Use 'general' unless your language is available in the dropdown.
3. Workplace domain name
This is the URL of your Workplace instance (https://<yoururl>.facebook.com)
4. Integration Access Token
You need to create a 'Custom Integration' in Workplace to get one of these. Follow these steps:
- Go to Company Dashboard / Integrations / Custom Integrations
- Click 'Create custom integration'
- Complete the form and click 'Create':
- Select the following permissions:
- Click 'Create Access Token' in the form, and copy the token. Do this before you hit 'Save'. Otherwise you just need to edit the custom integration again to create an access token.
- Paste the token into the SWOOP setup form.
- Click 'Done' in Workplace to return to the custom integration settings, and then 'Save' the custom integration.
5. Where do you want your data stored
We use Amazon Web Services, so just pick a region where you would like the data we collect to be stored.
6. Contact details
Provide your email address and phone number so we can contact you if something goes wrong.
If you use Single Sign On (SSO) then we will need to email you the SAML SP XML for your SAML solution and we'll also send you information to configure your SAML IDP. Please contact us to let us know if you want to use SSO.
Testing your Token (if you have problems)
You can test your application token from here:
To test copy and paste it into the 'Access Token' field and click 'Submit'. You should get the name of your application.
If you get a red triangle this means the token is invalid.
New automated setup from within Workplace (beta)
We're working closely with the Workplace team to allow you to setup SWOOP directly from within Workplace. Contact your SWOOP representative to ask for this to be enabled.
When the automated set up is enabled you will see SWOOP appear as an 'Integration' that is available to install in the Company Dashboard. The permissions granted using this method can be seen here: