In situations where general access for third party applications, such as SWOOP, has been disabled you will need to create a SWOOP Yammer App. This only takes a few minutes.
Yammer Application Creation
In order for the miner to operate it must have a connection to the relevant Yammer Network via a Yammer Application. Generic instructions about how to register Yammer Applications are available from here: https://developer.yammer.com/docs/app-registration
To create a Yammer application just follow these simple steps:
- Login to Yammer as a verified administrator.
Please note that the application you create are associated with the user who is logged in. That means that only this user can modify the app if this is subsequently required. If you have a service account (i.e. an account not associated with a particular person), then you might consider using this.
- Go to https://www.yammer.com/client_applications
- Select 'Register New App'
- Fill in the following fields with the 'Redirect URL' having the value https://oauth.swoopanalytics.com as shown below:
Click continue, and the first part of the registration process is completed.
- Click on the Application name under 'My Apps'.
- Copy the Client ID and the Client secret, and send both to your SWOOP representative, as this is required by the SWOOP Analytics Engine:
- You're done!