This guide walks you through how to change the data mining account for SWOOP. These can only be performed by a Verified Administrator.
Recommendation: Create a dedicated system account for data mining
We recommend you create a dedicated Viva Engage account for SWOOP that is not associated with a person. Call it, for example, "SWOOP Data Miner". It is very important that this account is assigned the rights of a 'Verified Admin" (does not need to be an Office365 Admin).
A dedicated account ensures that the data mining process isn't interrupted by a person inadvertently being locked out of Viva Engage or losing their "Verified Admin" status.
If a dedicated account is not used, the user will be presented with a visible "Private Content Mode Enabled" message in Viva Engage when the miner is running.
- Log on to SWOOP, and click 'Admin' in SWOOP (find this in the lower left corner of the screen under the dashboard options)
- Click on the 'Miner' dashboard, and open the miner URL.
- Click 'Log in to Viva Engage'.
- Click 'Change Account'.
Note: Changing the account involves the following steps that occur outside of SWOOP:
- Log out of Viva Engage
- Log back into Viva Engage with the account you want to use for data mining
- Click on the SWOOP data miner URL, and log in using the account you want to use for data-mining
- Click 'Set Miner User to Current User'.