Administrators can add user attribute data (e.g. department, city etc) automatically by connecting the SWOOP miner to Azure Active Directory. These steps need to be carried by the O365 Administrator:
Note: This is a new instruction - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any errors or have any suggestions.
- Click on the 'Azure Active Directory' link on the main menu
- Click on 'App registrations'
- Click on '+ New application registration' (at the top).
- Fill in the form entering your miner URL for the 'Sign-on URL' (e.g. https://miner-[yoursite].swoopanalytics.com):
and click on 'Create' (at the bottom of the page).
- Click on the 'Settings' then 'Properties'
- Click on 'Keys' and create a new key under 'Password'. This is the 'Client Secret' you will need below.
- Click on 'Required Permissions'
- Click on '+ Add' then 'Select an API' and add 'Microsoft Graph'.
- You are now be on 'Select permission'. Find 'Read all users' full profiles' under 'APPLICATION PERMISSIONS', tick it and press 'Select'.
- Click 'Done' to save the permissions.
- Take note of the 'Application ID' as you will need it for the 'Client ID' below.
In the SWOOP data miner, now do the following:
- Tick 'Enabled' next to 'Azure Active Directory Integration'
- Copy the 'Application ID' and key value from Azure to the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' on the miner.
- Press 'Save Changes/Login'
Your miner page should look something like this if the operation is successful:
Now select the fields from that you would like to share with SWOOP.
How it works
The SWOOP data miner retrieves data from Azure AD and combines it with the sanitised data from Yammer. The email field is hashed, and is therefore not passed to the SWOOP Analytics Engine.