Segment data, and other user profile fields can be provided to SWOOP by an administrator in different ways:
- Manual upload of file that contains the Workplace User's email address and the relevant segment for that user
- Automated upload via Azure Active Directory
- Automated upload on a periodic basis via other means (custom setup)
Note: Uploading of segment data into SWOOP does not change anything in Workplace.
To manually upload additional user profile data, including Segment data, the SWOOP Admin performs the following steps:
- Download the list of users in Workplace. Only Admins can do this via the Company Dashboard / People menu.
- Delete all columns apart from user's email address from the file and save it in CSV format.
- Source a complete list of users that has the correct segment data. Consider including other profile fields that you may find relevant such as City, Region, Country etc. Use the person's email address as the key that links the Workplace user list with the list that has the complete profile data
- Use Excel's VLOOKUP function (ask a colleague about how to do this if you don't know) to add the required additional fields to the columns in the users.csv file.
- If you include the Workplace User ID in the csv file, then delete the email field, as you need one of these. Important: Save the file in csv format.
- Go to the SWOOP miner. Click on 'Admin' in the footer of SWOOP. Then click on the dashboard called 'Miner', and open the URL.
- In the SWOOP miner, scroll down to the Attributes File section, and click 'Choose File', select the user.csv file and then click 'Process File'.
It can take up to 24 hours for the new user profile data to be available in SWOOP, but often only takes a few hours.
Automated upload via Azure Active Directory
Contact SWOOP by raising a support ticket to activate a connection to your Azure Active Directory. Read more about connecting to Azure Active Directory.
Automated upload on a periodic basis via other means
SWOOP supports the use of the 'curl' command. The curl command is available as a package on all Linux distributions. Contact SWOOP by raising a support ticket to set this up.