You can control who can do what in SWOOP.
SWOOP operates with 3 different roles:
- Normal User
- Light Admin
- Full Admin
In this article we'll outline what each of these roles can do.
A Normal User can:
- Access the SWOOP dashboard available at https://[organization].swoopanalytics.com.
- Access their own Personal tab and see personal insights.
- Access the Business unit tab. Search and access insights for any business unit. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare business units.
- Access the Topics tab. Search and access insights for any topic (hashtag). Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare topics.
- Access the Group tab. Search and access insights for any business unit. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare groups.
- Access the Enterprise tab. Access insights for any business unit. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
A Light Admin is someone who has been given access to some additional features in SWOOP by a Full SWOOP admin. These additional feratures include one, or more, of the following:
- Create a comparison of individuals on the Personal tab.
- Access Sentiment Analysis widgets on all tabs (if sentiment analysis has been enabled).
- Expand the list of Influential People (a 'More' button will appear).
- Activity Export (being able to export to Excel the Business Unit Activity and Group Activity widgets on the Enterprise tab).
In addition to what a Light Admin can do, a Full Admin can also:
- Group tab: Search for a private group you are not a member of.
- All tabs and widgets: Set tab/widget display (show/hide/remove) via the 'Admin' options.
- All tabs: Access Sentiment Analysis widgets (if enabled on your site).
A Full Admin also has the ability to change a variety of options which are available via the 'Admin' link shown in the footer of SWOOP. Only Full Admins will see the 'Admin' link, and it provides the following features:
- Usage statistics: See how many people have accessed SWOOP.
- Application settings: Set default attribute used by these widgets: Business Unit Activity, Cross-Team Collaboration, Network Map (default is 'department').
- Access control: Enable selected features for Lite Admins and/or add a Full Admin.
- Theme settings: Change logo and colors.
- Widget/tab display settings: Enable, hide or remove each tab and/or widget.
Finally, a Full Admin also is provided access to the SWOOP data mining application. The link to access the SWOOP data miner can be found in the Admin area on the 'Data Miner' tab. Via the SWOOP data miner the Full Admin can:
- Enable data mining.
- Access data mining log detail.
- Upload user attribute data.
Note: In SWOOP for Yammer, you'll need to be a Yammer Verified Admin (and not just a Full Admin in SWOOP) to access the SWOOP data mining interface.