By default anyone who can access Yammer has access to SWOOP. However, it is possible to change this, and limit access to a set of named people.
Allow everyone access
By default the 'Everyone' option is selected and everyone can access SWOOP. Additional permissions is provided in the table below to SWOOP Lite Admins or Full SWOOP Admins. In the example below Person A is a Full SWOOP Admin, and Person B has been given two of the Lite Admin permissions. Everyone else are Normal Users.
For more information about these roles see further below.
Allow access for named people only
It is possible to restrict access to SWOOP to a set of named users. That means that unless the person is listed in the table below it is not possible to access SWOOP.
In the example below Person A is a Full SWOOP Admin, Person B is a Lite Admin and Person C is a normal user (has not been given any special permissions).
Note: People who are verified admins on Yammer will always be Full SWOOP Admins.
Permissions and roles
SWOOP operates with 3 different roles:
- Normal User
- Light Admin
- Full Admin
In this article we'll outline what each of these roles can do.
As a Full Admin you will see an 'Admin' link in the footer of SWOOP, and this is where you can change the permissions covered in this article.
A Normal User can:
- Access the SWOOP dashboard available at https://[organization].swoopanalytics.com.
- Access their own Personal tab and see personal insights.
- Access the Business unit tab. Search and access insights for any business unit. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare business units.
- Access the Thread tab. Search and access insight for posts made in public groups, or in private groups which the person is a member of.
- Access the Topics tab. Search and access insights for any topic (hashtag). Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare topics.
- Access the Group tab. Search and access insights for any business unit. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare groups.
- Access the Enterprise tab. Access insights for any business unit. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
A Light Admin is someone who has been given access to some additional features in SWOOP by a Full SWOOP admin. These additional features include one, or more, of the following:
- Create a comparison of individuals on the Personal tab, and access the 'Individual Benchmarking' list on the Group, Topic and BU tabs.
- Access Sentiment Analysis widgets on all tabs (if sentiment analysis has been enabled).
- Expand the list of Influential People (a 'More' button will appear).
- Activity Export (being able to export to Excel the Business Unit Activity and Group Activity widgets on the Enterprise tab).
In addition to what a Light Admin can do, a Full Admin can also:
- Group tab: Search for, and display the page for a private group you are not a member of.
Note: 'Most Engaging Posts' content will hidden unless the user is a Yammer Verified Admin and - additionally - that Private Content Mode has been enabled in Yammer.
- All tabs and widgets: Set tab/widget display (show/hide/remove) via the 'Admin' options.
- All tabs: Access Sentiment Analysis widgets (if enabled on your site).
A Full Admin also has the ability to change a variety of options which are available via the 'Admin' link shown in the footer of SWOOP. Only Full Admins will see the 'Admin' link, and it provides the following features:
- Usage statistics: See how many people have accessed SWOOP.
- Application settings: Set default attribute used by these widgets: Business Unit Activity, Cross-Team Collaboration, Network Map (default is 'department').
- Access control: Enable selected features for Lite Admins and/or add a Full Admin.
- Theme settings: Change logo and colors.
- Widget/tab display settings: Enable, hide or remove each tab and/or widget.
- Nudge export: Export list of nudges for all active users. Deleted/inactivated users excluded.
- Yammer group export: Export list of all groups. Deleted groups are excluded. Number of Posts, replies and likes are included for the selected date range in SWOOP.
Finally, a Full Admin also is provided access to the SWOOP data mining application. The link to access the SWOOP data miner can be found in the Admin area on the 'Data Miner' tab. Via the SWOOP data miner the Full Admin can:
- Enable data mining.
- Access data mining log detail.
- Upload user attribute data.
Note: In SWOOP for Yammer, you'll need to be a Yammer Verified Admin (and not just a Full Admin in SWOOP) to access the SWOOP data mining interface.
Adding or Changing Permissions
Only a 'Full Admin' can change permissions. If you are a Full Admin you will see an 'Admin' link in the footer of SWOOP.
- Click on the 'Admin' link in the footer
- Click on the 'Access Control' tab
- Add a new user by searching for the person's name, and then tick the relevant permission(s).
- Click 'Save' when done.
To change permissions select the relevant tick boxes for the person you want to change. To remove all SWOOP permissions for a person click the bin icon and save.