By default, anyone who can access Viva Engage has access to SWOOP. However, it is possible to change this and limit access to a set of named people.
As a Full Admin you will see an 'Admin' link on the bottom left of your screen, under the dashboard selection. This is where you can change the permissions covered in this article.
Go to the Access Control option in the Admin dashboard. Here, you can do the following:
- Add permissions
- Remove permissions
- Update permissions
Allow everyone access
By default, the 'Everyone' option is selected and every user can access SWOOP. Additional permissions is provided in the table below to SWOOP Lite Admins or Full SWOOP Admins.
In the example above Frankie and Shirley are Full SWOOP Admins, and Deborah has been given some additional permissions (Lite Admin). Everyone else will have normal permissions. For more information about these roles see further below.
Note: If you have more than 1000 users, the table below will not be shown. In this case, you can modify user permissions by uploading a spreadsheet with user email addresses and their permissions, a template is provided.
This is done by selecting: "Upload a list of email addresses..."
Allow access for named people only
It is possible to restrict access to SWOOP to a set of named users. That means that unless the person is listed in the table below it is not possible to access SWOOP.
In the example below Frankie and Shirley are Full SWOOP Admins, Deborah is a Lite Admin and Donna is a normal user (has not been given any special permissions). No one else apart from these four people can access SWOOP.
Note: People who are verified admins on Viva Engage will always be Full SWOOP Admins, but may not appear in the table.
Permissions and roles
SWOOP operates with 3 different roles:
- Normal User
- Light Admin
- Full Admin
In this article we'll outline what each of these roles can do.
A Normal User can:
- Access the SWOOP dashboard available at https://[organization].swoopanalytics.com.
- Access their own Personal dashboard and see personal insights.
- Access the Segment dashboard. Search and access insights for any segment. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare segments.
- Access the Thread dashboard. Search and access insight for posts made in public communities, or in private communities which the person is a member of.
- Access the Topics dashboard. Search and access insights for any topic (hashtag). Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare topics.
- Access the Community dashboard. Search and access insights for any community. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
- Compare communities.
- Access the Enterprise dashboard. Access insights for any segment. Only see insights for data (e.g. messages) that the person already has access to.
A Light Admin is someone who has been given access to some additional features in SWOOP by a Full SWOOP admin. These additional features include one, or more, of the following:
- Create a comparison of individuals on the Personal dashboard, and access the 'Individual Benchmarking' list on the Community, Topic and Segment dashboards.
- Access Sentiment Analysis reports on all dashboards (if sentiment analysis has been enabled).
- Expand the list of Influential People (a 'More' button will appear).
- Activity Export (being able to export to Excel the Segment Activity and Community Activity reports on the Enterprise dashboard).
In addition to what a Light Admin can do, a Full Admin can also:
- Community dashboard: Search for, and display the page for a private community you are not a member of.
Note: 'Most Engaging Posts' content will be hidden unless the user is a Viva Engage Verified Admin and - additionally - that Private Content Mode has been enabled in Viva Engage.
- All dashboards and reports: Set dashboard/report display (show/hide/remove) via the 'Admin' options.
- All dashboards: Access Sentiment Analysis reports (if enabled on your site).
A Full Admin also has the ability to change a variety of other options which are available via the 'Admin' link. Only Full Admins will see the 'Admin' link, and when opened it provides the following features:
- Usage Statistics: See how many people have accessed SWOOP.
- Application Settings: Set default attribute used by these reports: Segment Activity, Cross-Enterprise Collaboration, Network Map (default is 'department'). Also ability to determine which attributes are available for normal users (including Lite Admins) versus Full Admins.
- Access Control: Enable selected features for Lite Admins and/or add a Full Admin.
- Theme Settings: Change logo and footer.
- Report/Dashboard Settings: Enable, hide or remove each dashboard and/or report.
- Miner*: Enable data mining, access data mining log detail, and upload user attribute data.
- Data export:
- Export list of all communities. Deleted communities are excluded. Number of Posts, replies, and reactions are included for the selected date range in SWOOP.
- Export list of nudges for all active users. Deleted/inactivated users are excluded.
- Export list of people plus list of all activities.
*Note: In SWOOP for Viva Engage, you'll need to be a Viva Engage Verified Admin (and not just a Full Admin in SWOOP) to access the SWOOP data mining interface.
Adding or Changing Permissions
Only a 'Full Admin' can add users and/or change permissions. You can also add a larger number of users by uploading a list of email addresses (the template includes detailed instructions), and set the session timeout.