SWOOP provides unique social network insights by analysing meta-data derived from interactions, connections and usage patterns in Yammer.
To ensure that clients have full control over the data shared with SWOOP we have separated data import and analytics:
- Data Miner - imports data. Actual content is excluded (unless Sentiment Analysis has been explicitly enabled)
- Analytics and Visualisation Engine – analyses sanitised data provided by the Miner Application, and present this data to authenticated users.
The Data Miner
The Miner makes collects batches of data on an hourly basis. While the application makes API calls and receives data, it doesn't store and content of messages or attachments.
Analytics and Visualization Engine
The SWOOP Analytics and Visualization Engine accesses the sanitised data uploaded from the Miner Application. Based on this data it produces a series of relevant analytics. These analytics are segmented by:
- Enterprise – analytics that include all interactions across the organisation.
- Business Unit - analytics that include data for the users that belong to the same department as defined by the user profile information
- Thread - analytics about a post published by a particular person
- Community - analytics that include data published to a specific community
- Topic - analytics based on the threads that are tagged with a topic
- Personal - analytics that include all data that includes a particular authenticated user
The data is presented to the end-user based on that user’s right to access the information. For instance, a user will not be able to see analytics for private communities that the person is not a member of.